The SPCA’s Just & Sustainable Development Framework is a further refinement and articulation of policies which SPCA’s Just & Sustainable Development Framework is a further refinement and articulation of policies which will allow development to benefit all stakeholders in the Village: the Village itself; existing small businesses; working class residents; aging, property-tax-burdened homeowners; employees in the new buildings; as well as the landlords, developers, and their financial backers and investors.
The Framework, which was published and circulated in January 2020, spells out six broad, underlying pillars:
- Improved Fiscal Strength and Stability
- Local Employment and Support of Small Businesses
- Preservation of the Community’s Character
- Expansion of Truly Affordable Housing
- Mitigation of the Impacts of Development
- Envisioning an Environmentally Sustainable Future